There are many opportunities to bring climbing to communities with The Gravity Vault. Each of our facilites requires management, instructors, route setters, team coaches and more! See what positions are currently open.
NY / Poughkeepsie
The majority of the staff in our facility are instructors. We look for individuals with a work hard/play hard attitude who want to work in an exciting, dynamic, customer facing role.
Job responsibilities include:
- Belaying for Programs
- Coordinating Birthday Parties
- Working at the Front Desk
- Customer Service
- Must be at least 16 years' old
- Good attitude
- Flexible availability; weekend availability required
- Strong communication skills
If you think you're a good fit for our team, email us at email@example.com for an application!
As a Team Coach for The Gravity Vault you will facilitate the training for our Youth Climbing Teams. In the Team Coach role you will have the opportunity to work with other coaching staff to develop and execute training regimens, practice schedules, technique lessons and more. You will mentor the kids as they progress through our program and help them to achieve their climbing goals. This specific position is for a Competitive Team Coach to work initially with our Competitive team members at Monday night practice.
- Supervise climbers at practices.
- Motivate the kids and empower them to reach new heights
- Maintain an encouraging, yet competitive environment which upholds The Gravity Vault's Mission Statement
- Attend Competitions with the team
- Communicate with Climbers and Parents on goals and achievements
- Ability to climb at a 5.12 / V8+ level
- Excellent Verbal Communication Skills
- Experience Coaching an individual/team sport at the Youth Level desireable