There are many opportunities to bring climbing to communities with The Gravity Vault. Each of our facilites requires management, instructors, route setters, team coaches and more! See what positions are currently open.
NJ / Middletown
The majority of the staff in our facility are instructors. We look for individuals with a work hard/play hard attitude who want to work in an exciting, dynamic, customer facing roll.
Job responsibilities include:
- Belaying for Programs
- Coordinating Birthday Parties & Other Group Events
- Working at the Front Desk
- Customer Service
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Good attitude
- Flexible availability; weekend availability strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills
To apply for this poisiton fill out this eform:
As a Team Coach for The Gravity Vault you will facilitate the training for our Youth Climbing Teams. In the Team Coach role you will have the opportunity to work with other coaching staff to develop and execute training regimens, practice schedules, technique lessons and more. You will mentor the kids as they progress through our program and help them to achieve their climbing goals.
- Supervise climbers at practices.
- Motivate the kids and empower them to reach new heights
- Maintain an encouraging, yet competitive environment which upholds The Gravity Vault's Mission Statement
- Attend Competitions with the team
- Communicate with Climbers and Parents on goals and achievements
- Competition Climbing Experience Necessary
- USA Climbing Coaches Certification
- Excellent Verbal Communication Skills
- Experience Coaching an individual/team sport at the Youth Level
The Route Setters are some of the most important contributors at The Gravity Vault. Route Setters are responsible for all of the climbing routes and problems in our facilities. We look for creative individuals who love climbing and are experienced setters.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Setting Routes and Problems
- Set up and cleanup of Setting Safety Zones
- Fore Running your Routes/Problems
- Ability to Climb a 5.13+ and V8+
- Prior Experience Route Setting
- Ability to set creative Routes
- Competition Setting experience a strong plus
Instructors will lead groups both verbally and physically through varying styles and levels of yoga classes. In addition to administrative work required for class, sourcing and or organizing equipment, offering training adjustments and recommendations may be required.
Job responsibilities include:
- Teaching safe, effective exercises to a variety of student demographics
- Leading classes according to the schedule provided
- Maintaining the yoga room and equipment
- Passionate about yoga and general fitness
- Extensive climbing experience is not required, but tailoring classes for the climbing needs of students may be required
- RYT-200, NCCA Yoga Certification or comparable certification
- Liability insurance policy
- First Aid, CPR/AED certicifation
- At least 1-2 years of expereince leading yoga classes
- Maintain a positive and energetic personal attitude and class in line with gym policies