USAC - Youth Local Bouldering Competition - Hoboken, NJ
Online Registration - CLICK HERE
Volunteers needed! - VOLUNTEER HERE! - 9:00AM-2:30PM to judge, Free passes, a Comp Staff shirt, and food!
- Climber Check in: 8:45AM - 9:45AM
- Climbing Begins: 10:00AM (Competitors' meeting 10 minutes prior)
- Climbing Ends: 2:00PM (Scoring and awards ASAP)
- Format: Red Point
Other Gravity Vault Competition Registration Info
Gravity Vault Radnor, PA - 10/6/18
Gravity Vault Upper Saddle River, NJ - 10/13/18
Gravity Vault Chatham, NJ - 11/3/2018
Gravity Vault Vorhees, NJ - 11/10/18
Gravity Vault Hoboken, NJ - 11/17/2018
Competitor Parking Plan & Competitor Drop Off Pattern
Competitor Drop Off Traffic Pattern:
Though The Gravity Vault of Hoboken is located on the corner of 15th and Clinton, the entrance to the gym is only accessible via Clinton Street. To ease congestion on the day of the event, anyone planning on dropping of competitors are asked to use the following traffic pattern :
- If driving East on 15th Street make a right onto Grand Street, and if driving West on 15th Street make a left onto Grand Street
- Make the next left onto the cobblestone street. Do not cross under the overpass, or you have gone too far.
- Make a left onto Clinton Street and drop competitors off on the right hand side in front of the gym.
Garage Parking is available through Harlow at 1330 Willow Avenue (next to Trader Joe's) and is a 4 minute walk to the Gravity Vault. This is an automated garage, so you must sign up online. Follow the link to the bottom of our Home Page: Harlow Parking Link . They will be offering discounted competitor parking of $12 for 6 hours by signing up for a six hour session ending by 3:30pm.
Metered Parking is available on surrounding streets.
NOTE: USAC's Registration and Day Fees
Climbers will only be ranked and included in the competition's final results if they are either a USAC Member or have purchased the USA Climbing "Introdutory Membership" ($20) at USAclimbing.org. Climbers not registered with USA Climbing in either manner prior to 9am competition day may compete, but will not be included in the final rankings. This fee can only be purchased through USAC and is only available online.
USA Climbing Membership Info - Click here to register a climber as a USA Climbing Member.
- Gym competition registration is NOT included in USAC Membership
- USAC Membership is NOT included in gym competition registration
- The $20 USAC Introductory Membership is NOT included in the gym competition registration
- The USAC Membership or the USAC Introductory Membership are required if your climber desires to advance to the Regional Championships for this discepline
- PLEASE SEE ADDITIONAL NOTES ON THIS MEMBERSHIP CHANGE BELOW.
Note from USA Climbing regarding the 2018-2019 season change:
Beginning with the 2018-2019 Climbing Season, USA Climbing will be moving away from the Day-Membership ($10) and incorporating the Introductory Membership ($20) in its place.
The new Introductory Membership will be applicable for all local competitions (Youth and Collegiate) in addition to National Cup Series competitions. The Introductory Membership can be used at multiple local events. You do not need to purchase a new Introductory Membership for each local event as you did with Day-Memberships. The Introductory Membership is also good for both climbing seasons (Bouldering and Sport & Speed). Not to be confused with the Competitor Membership, the Introductory Membership is not applicable for championship level competitions (Regional, Divisional, and National). If your competitor is planning on competing at any USA Climbing championship level competition, our recommendation is to purchase the Competitor Membership at the beginning of the climbing season and prior to your competitors first competition.
If a competitor purchases an Introductory Membership ($20) and then later decides to upgrade their membership to the Competitor Membership ($95), the fees paid for the Introductory Membership may not be credited toward the Competitor Membership.
Our hope is that the Introductory Membership will allow climbers an easier entry into the sport of competitive climbing, providing them an opportunity to try several local competitions before making the larger commitment towards championship level competitions.